[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Cories eating anubias seeds
- To: Aquatic-Plants at actwin_com
- Subject: Re: Cories eating anubias seeds
- From: Kyle10500 at webtv_net (Kyle)
- Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2001 22:32:41 -0500 (CDT)
- In-Reply-To: Aquatic-Plants-Owner at actwin_com (Aquatic Plants Digest)'smessage of Sun, 29 Apr 2001 03:48:04 -0400 (EDT)
Also, I have a Marineland Eclipse tank and I would like to quit using
the Marineland filters, because I don't like using carbon with my tanks.
Has anyone ever come up with a homemade alternative? I've tried just
using polyester batting but it slows the flow too much and the water
overflows and bypasses the batting.
Neal De Pape
I use Penguin 125s on my 10 gallon tanks. I take a new filter and cut a
slit along the top and shake the carbon out of it. When flow slows I
rinse and scrub the filter with a toothbrush and put it back in. I can
use one almost indefinitely.
Should also work for those lying down Eclipse filters I would think.