Algae and Barley Straw

Hey Guys,

I remember the articles on barley straw inhibiting the growth of algae about
6 months ago... well I found some and figured I'll try some out. It was in
this catalog called "Picket Fence" (which I am NOT related to in ANY way)
which happened to come in the mail the other day. you get two bales (enough
to treat 1000 gallons each for 6 months) for only $8.95 I think I'm going to
buy some and try it out. If anyone has any comments let me know. And, Does
it really work? I guess I'm going to find out! It won't harm plants as far
as I know. please let me know if it does asap before i order it. oh yeah...
here's the link to order some:
http://www.hometrendscatalog.com/store/SID3ae8c8a9154d2@43c7/0/775/777/37557.html

Ryan Duff
webmaster at planted-aquarium_com