High light vs vacation? (was Re:Augh)

For Tom & those with lots of light, for how long can you leave your tanks
unattended, that is, lights on timers, CO2 left running, but no PMDD, no
additional fish food, no water changes, before your plants think of you as
"lazy"?  Do you reduce your light intensity while away?  Pay someone else
to do maintenance?  I had the idea from earlier discussions that most
automatic feeders/dosers aren't very reliable despite being expensive.
Alex
Rockville, Md

Thomas Barr <tcbiii at earthlink_net> replied: