Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V4 #986

On Thu, 26 Apr 2001, Beverly Shutes wrote:

> Hello all....I am having a problem with a few of my
> plants.  Can someone please confirm/correct my
> diagnosis?

Beverly,

When plants start showing nutrient deficiencies they are frequently
deficient in more than one nutrient (that according to some hydroponics
literature I read).  With that in mind, probably your first act in trying
to solve the problems should be to increase your dosage of TMG.

I'm not sure that "pinholes" in leaves of H. polysperma is very
diagnostic, but older leaves turning yellow and generally light
coloration even in new leaves can be attributed to a
nitrogen deficiency.  This is distinct from interveinal chlorosis, where
the leaf veins remain green while the area between the veins turns yellow.
If you increase your TMG dose and problems persist then you might try
using some potassium nitrate.

Roger Miller