Re: Lead strips (was Aquatic Plants Digest V4 #981

Hello E.W.,

What is the pH of your water?

If it is acidic (below pH 6.0), then you can worry, because the lead
strips will probably dissolve slowly. How slowly -- depends on pH and
water circulation around the strips.

If the water is alkaline -- you probably need not worry. The lead will
likely be coated with insoluble lead carbonate (white coating). As you
get to the strips during normal maintenance, remove them.

Best,

George