RE: Why do SAE's die so easly-Updated info

Hi again Dave,

If Rummynose Tetras are doing okay, I don't know why the SAE's wouldn't be.
I think Rummynoses are quite sensitive.

I am wondering about your tank temperature -- to me 72-74 seems a little
cool for a tropical tank.  I keep mine closer to 78-79.

Also, I don't know about the need for RO water, as you don't seem to have
any fish/shrimp that particularly need it.  Have you tried regular
(dechlorinated) tap water?

The other thing is (but I doubt whether this would affect the health of your
SAE's), is there a particular reason for having charcoal in your filter?

Gitte