Re: Planted Aquaria magazine issue 2

On Wed, Apr 18, 2001 at 02:12:00PM -0700, Bob Hudson wrote:
> >>I suggest you or your company first invest in a quality network and/or
> computer instead of bitching about the size of a download. He warned you
> that it was big, and even apologised for it in advance!  Remember,Dave is
> offering this as a courtesy, a good will gesture - no one is twisting your
> arm to download it.
> dan<<
>
> Oh give me a break Dan! I work in an office of only ten people sharing a DSL
> line which will be soon upgraded to a T1. I am an account manager for a
> networking/thin client manufacturer, so I doubt if you could teach me
> anything new! The pictures alone fill up the whole screen. I dont see any
> reason to have anything that big on my computer.

OK. So you supposedly know something about networks. Whiners don't
have to be ignorant as well! ;-)

> Sorry, I'll bitch if I want to! I think the magazine is great, and I'll
> just keep the printed versions thank you!

That sounds like a good plan for you!

Yes, please don't stop bitching. And I won't stop giving my opinions
either. Ain't narrow-bandwidth communication great?!! ;-)

Though I did think your email was a whine, it's only a sample of one,
so please don't assume I think you're a whiner in general. And I'm
sorry if I gave that impression; I apologize.

Though I have met Dave, I really don't know him. But I do appreciate
his contributions to the hobby (even while I sometimes question his
arguments or choices). But as they say, "No good deed goes unpunished"
- my reply was a response to what I perceived as a mild slap for a
good deed.

Good deed? Hmmmm. Or marketing ploy? ;-)

dan
--
Dan Resler                            email: dresler at vcu_edu
Dept. of Mathematical Sciences