green water

If you have green water, go look at the archives from about a year ago.
Guess what? Green water stories. I have been following the APD since
inception, and green water issues come up regularly in the spring.
Why is that? Is it the additional photoperiod? A change in water composition
(spring run offs)? Increased airborne algae spore count? Who knows.
It would be interesting to plot the geographic distribution of the recent
outbreaks to see if there is a common link. Are the northern regions more
affected than the south?  What's the experience in tropical regions? etc.

I guess this would make a nice little research project for an
epidemeologist.

Michael Eckardt, Waterloo, Ontario