Re: how do you make onion plants happy?

Hi Catherine,

I read in one of my books that they don't like the bulb part to be buried in
the substrate, only the roots; I had two planted deeper, one was fine (softer
water), the other started to rot (harder water), so have replanted both just
this weekend in a softer water tank with more light, as the ends of the leaves
had also started to turn yellow and disintegrate in both situations, although
slower in the softer water tank.  They are in a gravel over rich soil
substrate, so will see how it goes!

Kind regards,

Susi Barber
Vancouver