Re: Question about AHSupply Lighting

> Hello!  My name is Laura.  I've been lurking for awhile learning a lot of
> great stuff (thanks!), and now I have a question regarding the lights from
> AH Supply.  I have a 75 gallon tank, 48" long, which I've just set up.  I
> want a planted aquarium, and I'm wondering what my best choice for lights
> would be.  I am considering the 4x55 setup that AH Supply offers, would this
> be adequate for my tank?  I was considering the 2x96 setup, but I don't
> think that this is enough light.  Please give me your ideas and suggestion
>

> Thanks in advance for your responses!  They are greatly appreciated!  :)
>
> Laura

I have a 55 gallon tank, which is just like the 75 gallon you mentioned but not
as deep from front to back. I'm using dual 55 W compact florescents from A&H,
and find that I have plenty of light. I think that 4 of the lights in a 75 would
be quite a lot of light, but then again I'm not sure how 2 of the 96 W bulbs
would compare -- they might give off a lot of light too.

-- Stephen