Re: Last year's AGA aquascaping contest

On Fri, 13 Apr 2001, Roger S. Miller wrote:

> While we're on the topic, did the "People's Choice" from last years
> contest ever get awarded?  I checked the winners list at the web site
> (maybe not close enough), and even did a search on the archives to see if
> I asked the question before, but nada.

Oops, my bad.  Yes, it was awarded, just not listed in the "Winners List".
You'll have to hunt around for it.  Or go directly to

http://showcase.aquatic-gardeners.org/?&op=showcase&category=0&vol=0&id=43

The people's choice was never a "popular" function of the event, mostly
because we were all just plain tuckered out getting the main part of the
contest finished.  I quietly closed the voting in January.  Looks like the
visitors were also tuckered-out; There were literally only around 12 votes
for the winning tank.  In addition, some geniuses stuffed the ballot box
for Entry #83 and a couple others (duplicate voting was removed, though).
So we never expected much from the popular choice part -- it was really
just for fun.

This year, I hope that everyone on the APD votes in the popular choice
category!

  - Erik

--
Erik Olson