PH Questions

My tap water is 7.0 or slightly acidic, with a kh of 13, but the water in my
two aquariums is 7.6 or higher.  I don't have any of the ph altering rocks
or anything like that.  I first tried the ph down product with no luck, then
Seachem's neutral regulator with no luck. I have totally gave up on it,
what can possible cause this to happen?  There is nothing in the two tanks
the same as far as decorations or rocks go.  The only time ph has dropped
below 7.6 was with the addition of a co2 bottle, ph is now at 7.4 , but I
want a neutral ph like everybody else.  Given the fairly hard tap water,
which I understand would make it have a strongly buffered ph, why does it
suddenly jump so high when the water is poured in the aquarium and so hard
to bring back down?

Thanks,
Chris Bostick