Flowering echinodorus

Hello all,

I've just read Roger Miller's post on growing echinodorus plants from seed. What a coincidence! My sword plant (dont know the species, heart shaped leaves - cordiflorus??) has been growing emersed out of my tank for a few months now, about 15 leaves that are much larger than the submersed ones.

Today along with another leaf, a spike that i take to be a flower spike came right out of the water too. How do I fertilise the flower so that i can get seeds? What do I do then?

Roger, any tips on what I should do?

Thanks guys

vincent

Free web-based email for Perth, Western Australia ---> http://www.perthmail.com