Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V4 #946

> Tom Barr wrote:
>
>> Your P and Fe are a little low. BBA is almost always a CO2 problem. NO3
>> additions deletions won't do anything if your water is the way you say.
>> Is your CO2 yeast?
>
> I'm using compressed CO2 on this tank.
>
> Try to keep your pH between 7.0 and 7.2 at most and that
>> should take care of it.
>
> I'll raise the CO2 level. Any target to shoot for in pH? 7.0? I'm at pH 7.2
> now.

A low of 7.0 and a high of 7.2 if you can. SAE's will help greatly.
Watch what it does(the pH).
Keep good overall nutrient levels as best you can.
Anubias and sword etc are quite prone to BBA as they make excellent
substrates for this algae. Try to reduce the numbers and replace with fast
growing stem plants. Replace later after the BBA has gone. I think Tom Wood
mentioned driftwood. It can make a great place for algae to grow but the
pine you have not especially good for it. Pleco's will keep most any wood
surface clean. Cleaning dead object(rocks, equipment etc) with bleach is a
good idea to reduce the amount.
Regards,
Tom Barr