Re: CO2 death?

> Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2001 20:02:13 -0500 (CDT)
> From: Kyle10500 at webtv_net (Kyle)
> Subject: CO2 poisoning
>
> Ok this is the last straw. I don't know if this is CO2 related but I
> can't think of what else it could be.
> The clown loach appears to be gasping his last right now. KH=7, pH=6.8.
> A little high but only the loach seems affected and his symptoms started
> 2 or 3 days ago. If I am experienceing CO2 poisoning why are the fish
> dying one by one instead of all at the same time or at least all showing
> the symptoms?
>
> The last couple of days I have started running the BW at lights off and
> turning it off at lights on. Doesn't seem to have helped the loach
> though. Anyone care to help-onlist or offlist?
>
> Kyle
> TN US

Set it up so that the BW and or the HOT come on during the night. See about
shutting off the CO2 at night too. You can do this by simply feeding the CO2
input into a powerhead to wherever you wish to send the CO2. Add the plug to
the lighting timer. That will tell you if there's CO2 problems. CO2 has to
be higher than  your measuring to cause problems. You have decent
circulation? Spilled something into tank? Feed live food besides brine?
Seems like you've ruled out this problem. Look for something else.
Regards,
Tom Barr