Question on using KCl

Hi,
in a earlier letter to this list someone (think he was named Al) wrote about
using Potassium Chloride as a substitute for Potassium Sulphate. I just
wonder if anyone, maybe Al?, knows if the Chloride has any harmfull effects?
I want to bring the Potassium level up a bit and did it once with Potassium
nitrate but my nitrate level went up a bit to far so I want a completely
nitrate free Potassium source. Best of it all is that I have free supply of
Potassium Chloride at work so if the Chloride is safe I'm going to use it at
once. =)
Best regards, Oskar