Hard Water Plants

Hello everybody, this is another question coming from the question posted
below,

I can't remember where I read or maybe I'm dreaming, but I believe I read
somewhere that peat in the water inhibits(?) or prevents growth of some
algae? Could someone send me the url or explain this to me ?

Thank-You
Raymond Wong
My Aquarium Website
www.sfu.ca/~rww/Aquariumstart.htm

> Date: Wed, 04 Apr 2001 14:12:30 -0400
> From: Dinyar Lalkaka <lalkaka at bellatlantic_net>
> Subject: Hard water plants
>
> Hello,
>
> In nature, which aquatic plants typically grow in hard water? Do these
> plants often use biogenic decalcification as their source of CO2?
>
> I find that I have more algae problems in hard water than in soft water.
Is