Uninvited Guests

Hi,

Iíve set up a heavily planted tropical freshwater tank, and itís just coming to the end of its one month maturation period.

Unfortunately, it appears I have been the recipient of some ďuninvited guestsĒ Ė namely snails Ė that have started making an appearance over the last week. Iím assuming they have hitched a ride in on the plants.

So far they havenít reached infestation levels, and I have been picking them out when I see them, but the number has started to rise, and they are now beginning to get larger and Iím getting concerned that they may be breeding soon.

Can anyone recommend a method of poisoning them off without killing the plants? With the tank only just becoming mature I donít yet have any fish, so thatís not a concern so long as the treatment can be removed through water changes.

Thanks,

Ian.