Re: Conditions for FFF

Gabriella writes:

> The behaviour of fish is modified by environmental
> conditions and it makes valuable sense to collate data on what conditions
> result in what sort of behaviour.

You may well be right, but if you are going to try to find the ONE
variable that makes a difference, it's pointless to just focus on pH
or KH. There are so many more possibilities - temp, amount of
circulation, types of plants, co-inhabitants, light cycle, age and
source of the flagfish, all the different trace elements and
macronutrients, concentration of CO2. I don't think a quick survey
of the group here is going to reveal the difference that you are
searching for.  It would really require controlled conditions in which
2 tanks of fish vary by just one variable at a time. Good try though.

Cathy Hartland
http://www.nfis.com/~hartland/aqua/aquaria.html