high pressure sodium lights

I have been reading you folks for a few weeks, and I have learned from and
enjoyed a great deal. Would any or all of you comment on the use of high
pressure sodium lighting. I looked in the krib, but I found only one mixed
comment- seemed to grow plants but over heated the fish room so the writer
opted for a low watt flourescent setup. The ones I have been offered came
from a horticultural operation and  360 watt lamps (new) with a corresponding
4oo watt ballast.   Ernie D.