Re: Eheim CO2 Reactor?

Andres <amumma at tampabay_rr.com> wrot:

> My first question is about the placement of the reactor in my tank, where
> should it go, near water currents?  near still water, lower, higher in the
> aquarium?  Anyone that has been using one of these that can shed some light,
> so I only have to set this up once would be greatly appreciated.

I'd try to hide it behind something to keep it from being an eye
sore. Other than that, it's probably just as good one place as
another. I won't put it in a "dead" area, some circulation is needed
to disperse the CO2

> Question number 2, I recently had an outbreak of Itch that started on some
> of my Rummynose Tetras and soon spread to most of my other fish in the tank.
> I have been treating it for 4 days now, and all of the fish have recovered
> completely but one, my Bosemani Rainbow, he is abit larger than allot of the
> fish in the tank being 2 -3 inches right now, being one of my favorites, I
> am especially concerned, why hasn't it cleared up?  Should I quarantine him
> and treat him separately?  Right now I am dosing...Quick Cure...for ICK and
> LYMPHOCYSTIS.   With my shipment I also have some IK Guard coming, but I
> wanted to start treatment earlier than I could get the shipment :)
> Mainly my question is should I isolate the rainbow and treat separately or
> is tank treatment like this ok?

Ick is easily treated. Make sure to use Formalin/malachite green
solution. There's no use in risking the use of cooper salts. One
overdose and things turn south. Dose at half strength. Use twice or
three times a week and the ick should be on the way out.

Jamie    <"\\\>< Aquatic plants, water chemistry, and cichlids
Greenwood, SC     http://www.ais-gwd.com/~jjirons