Re: FFF Agression

Gabriella,

My tank:  PH 7.0, nitrates 5 ppm, kh of 8 (IIRC).  I would not classify my FF as
aggressive but they definitely had their moments of chasing/nipping, etc.  I had four
males and two females (the reverse ratio of what I wanted).  The big male and big female
kind of paired off and he would chase any fish that came near her, pretty typical
mating/courting behavior I would assume.  I did observe him taking a big bite at the side
of my M. Bosemani.  So, I traded that pair and two other males to a guy in my fish club
for some other stuff.  The remaining pair are pretty small right now and won't bother
anyone.

I first started noticing them chasing fish around when the two bigger fish paired off, and
they had gotten rid of 95% of the algae and duck weed in my tank.  HTH.

--

John Pflum, Jr.
PKG Consultants, Inc.

Web: http://www.pkgconsult.com