Re: CO2 controller

Hello Stuart,

> Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2001 08:50:31 -0600
> From: "Stuart" <stuart at nbtx_com>
> Subject: Re: CO2 controller....
>
> Dave Gomberg Wrote:
> >I really don't understand what all this is about.   There are huge pH
> >swings in natural ponds, and yet the fish and plants do fine.   What is
it
> >we are trying to achieve here?
>

> The idea is to adjust KH to about 4.5 - 5 and then use CO2 to lower the PH

sorry, this idea is *NOT* correct. You purge CO2 _only_ to get (or hold) a
certain level of CO2, let's say 15 mg/l CO2. If the pH will decrease by this
purching and you don't like this, then you have to increase the KH. CO2
should _not_ used for changing the pH!!! Again: CO2 is a fertilizer for the
plants and not a tool for changing the pH.

Regards Klaus.