[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: What Wattage metal halide light should I get ?
- To: <Aquatic-Plants at actwin_com>
- Subject: Re: What Wattage metal halide light should I get ?
- From: DDavis <ddavis2 at austin_rr.com>
- Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2001 13:28:45 -0600
- In-Reply-To: <200103220848.DAA03735 at actwin_com>
- User-Agent: Microsoft-Entourage/9.0.2509
> The globes in both are 6700K (is this ok for planted tanks?). My tank size
> is a 50 gal (or 200L) tank. The 250 would give me 5w/gal and the 175 would
> give me 3.5w/gal ? Would it be harder to keep the 250 because the tank would
> become more unbalanced more easily ??
On my plant tanks I use 2-250W (5000K). I get wonderful growth and I love
the fact that it keeps my red rubins - red. Check out my site at
home.austin.rr.com/ddaquaria if you want to see what I am talking about. My
main plants are under the lights and my low light plants are on the outer
radius of where the light hits. I also own a 175W (5000K) and for some
reason it seems the growth was better under the 250W - based upon the same
conditions in the aquarium. Hope this helps.
Knowledge is the door ... Education is the key.
Check out my fish site @