Re: Cleaning pad (Scotch-Brite)

At 03:48 AM 3/23/01 -0500, you wrote:
>I bought a Scotch Brite Scrub Sponge today to use on my tank and noticed on
>the back it said "not for aquarium use!"  There is nothing to indicate that
>it is anything but a sponge (no soap, ingredients, etc) w/a synthetic
>scratch pad.  Anyone know why it shouldn't be used?

Scotch-Brite (the original pad stuff, they have since applied that name to
all kinds of unrelated products) is a lose non-woven nylon fabric to which
has been bonded a hard, solid abrasive (silicon carbide as I
recall).   This stuff is pretty sharp and hard and would likely scratch glass.

--
NEW Planted Aquaria Magazine:        http://www.wcf.com/pam