Re: Water Turbulence

Hi Mandy:

It's possible to reduce the turbulence from an Aquaclear power filter by
filling the water in the tank until it is as level as possible with the
output of the filter.  In other words, fill the tank as high as you can to
reduce the waterfall from the output.

It might -- and I emphasize "might" because I don't know -- be more
efficient to feed your CO2 into the intake siphon of the Aquaclear, which is
what I do.  I cut the end of the CO2 tube at an angle and then friction fit
it between the bars that are at the very bottom end of the siphon tube.  I
also add in another piece of sponge media into the filter, not only to get
more filtration, but also to trap the CO2 longer in the filter to give it a
better chance to get dissolved.  If you do this, you may be able to get rid
of the powerhead into which you now feed CO2 and get rid of the turbulence
from that device.

If you bother to switch your CO2 feed from the power head to the filter, do
report back on any changes in effectiveness!

Chin See Ming
Portland, OR