oxygen versus co2

Some prominent members of the list (the names escape
me at the moment) have long been proponents of
increased oxygen levels in our tanks.  Generally this
means increased ciculation.  My recent experience has
been that fish activity level was increased by
increasing circulation.  So I am a believer in this
regard.

My question has to do with maintaining co2 levels.
High co2 and high oxygen aren't mutually exclusive,
correct?  I can increase circulation and therefore
increase oxygen, and at the same time increase my
input of co2 to maintain adequate levels, correct?
While this may be inefficent, co2-wise, I presume it
is healthier for the fauna.  Any comments?  Am I
headed in the right direction?