Re: RO water again

In a message dated 03/18/2001 2:51:39 PM Central Standard Time, Ching See
Ming wrote:

<<< Sulfate (SO4) mg/L                  41.8        69.9        73.3

<< Would this be higher than desireable for fish?  And wouldn't it result in
 stinky beer?  My memory of East Texas water is that it's not every palatable
 and that lots of people have filters, bottled water etc. >>

I don't know. I always thought that sulfate was one of those minerals that
didn't really matter either way. I think you are right about East Texas
water, but you have to remember that Texas is a BIG place. The difference
between the Oak Point water, where I live, and Denton water, 30 miles away,
is staggering. From the plants' perspective, anyway.

Anyone? Anyone?

Cheryl