Re: Fur Algae

I don't think fur algae is a bad sign that something is messed up. I have
come to find it pretty ubiquitous. In some tanks where it does not establish
I will occasionally find tufts growing, even in the filter. In any case, in
a tank where it was very well established, I eventually determined adding
additional iron caused a deluge of the stuff. It's not bad, it's just there.

Sylvia