Re: damn rubber thingies (suction cups)

The usual suction cups are made from a vinyl, which wants to be rigid. I
suspect the plasticizer materials gradually leach out over time and the
material gets hard and then can't "stay stuck". I usually start to have
problems after about 1-2 years.

The best I've found to date are the suction cups you can get for use with
Visitherm heaters. They are sold separately as replacement parts and can
probably be used with other items. Silicone would be the best material I
would think, but I've never seen suction cups made from it.

         -Bill