Multiple bettas in a tank

Tom,

I did some resaerch on betta's a while back. IT seems to me that the hobby
is split up on this topic. LFS say that no you cannot have multiple
bettas......but experienced breeders say that it is possible if they are
from the same brood and that they have never been seperated before.  I'd
like to think that the breeders are correct.  However those that said that
it is possible said that fighting may still occur as the fish develop a
pecking order.

Hope this helps

Shaun Bramley