Re: Your comments on my inquiry to AH Supply

Either config will supply enough light for even the most light-demanding
plants. I use around 2.5 watt/gal in T8s and grow cabomba, ludweigia, etc
without problem. If it were me, I'd save a few bucks and go with the 2x96 in
5000. I dont think the coverage issues are significant in your setup. The
light will be "visible" to the plants wherever you plant them. There will be
shaded areas as the plants grow larger anyway, unless you grow only short
ground covers. In fact, that much light will melt some plants unless you do
have shade.

Dan Dixon