RE:RE: MTS die off

Hi Gitte,

Thansk for the response. As to your question of snail eating fish, the only
two occupants I have that may be snail eaters are a 4 in. Khulii and 5 in.
Dojo loach. All the tank occupants are doing fine, as are the plants. I've
read that Botia, if large enough, can eat snails, but both the Dojo and
Khulii seem to prefer flake food.

The snails died off rapidly, from >1000 to 0 in 2 weeks. There were some
good 1/2 inch or better sized MTS and all sizes in-between. Surprisingly, my
daughter saw one live MTS in the 55 last night, I searched and searched and
it was the only survivor I could spot. I'd like to know what caused this so
I can bottle it and sell it to people who don't want snails in their tanks.

I'm stumped. I guess I will just keep observing the