Re: Regulator gauge

At 03:48 AM 3/4/01 -0500, you wrote:
>My bottle fell over damaging a gauge. I expected a 5 minute job, ooooooh
>nooooo, nothing that easy. My damn regulator has a left hand thread, WHY?
>Anyone run into this and found a simple fix? I did not notice any left hand
>thread gauges in the grainger book. Is there a left/right nipple or adapter
>1/4" npt?

This is standard in regulator construction for safety reasons.   All the
high pressure side has left hand threads and the low pressure side has
right hand threads so you don't mess up and screw something into the wrong
hole, thus blowing up something that was not designed to handle the high
pressure.  All high pressure gauges will have left hand theads.  You will
find it easier to find a left hand thread gauge of the right capacity than
a right hand thread.   Ask the maker of your regulator about spare parts.

--
NEW Planted Aquaria Magazine:        http://www.wcf.com/pam