Brown/black spots on leaves

Hi guys,

Looked through the Krib and elsewhere on something that might help me out on this but I couldn't find anything that really matched what I had, hoping somebody here might shed some light on it.

My hygrophila and a couple of other plants are developing what seem to be irregularly shaped spots of black and brown on the older leaves; I gave it a rub and it doesn't come off, its actually within the leaf itself. Sometimes the spots can be quite small. It just started developing... is this a cause for concern?

I'd not be as worried if it was just on one plant but it's a couple of different plants so I wondered if it wasn't a deficiency or disease of some sort...

Thanks in advance,
CK