Re: new plant tank

Mitch wrote: <mjcarl at radiks_net>
> Subject: new plant tank
> the tank i am setting up is a 1600 gal plant tank.  it is 24 ft x 3 ft x 3
> 1/2 ft.
> for lighting i am planning on 8 400 watt fixtures with either 5500 K or 6500
> K bulbs in them.
> for the substrate i am going to use seachem's flourite.  i will probably get
> about 800 lbs and mix in some 2-3 mm gravel.
> i am going to use a pinpoint pH controller with co2.  do i just let the co2
> go into the intake of the main pump to grind it up?
> water changes will be once a week, 1/4-1/2 of the tank using tap water that
> has been conditioned for chlorine and chloramines.
> sound ok?  any advice on doing something different, or anything i forgot?

Mitch, you forgot ONE very important thing: What type of wetsuit
and scuba system will you be using to do plantings and
maintenance? ;-)

I promise to never complain about cleaning my 55G again!

Where in the world is this thing going to be located? 800 lbs of
Flourite is over 50 bags, which is at least $600-$700. You might
want to drive to Seachem and see if Greg will sell you a truckload ;-
). You couldn't hire me to rinse 50+ bags of Flourite...

Imagine how many neons you could put in 1600G!

Mitch, all I can say is, WOW!!! and good luck.

Jamie    <"\\\><
Greenwood, SC