Re: Proper Lighting

>I have shopped around locally and best I could find
>were 20 watt-24" tubes.

Hi Sunny:

I'm afraid that your standard 24" flourescents are all going to be 20 watts.
  It's . . . er . . . standard.

To get more watts, you'll need to modify the hood to use, say, compact
flourescents, which give more watts at a more compact size.  One place that
sells kits for the Eclipse 3 hood is Champion Lighting.

http://www.championlighting.com/cgi-bin/catalog.cgi?page=Products/Lighting/pc.html&cart_id=5853271.15294

I haven't any experience with this kit or with Eclipse hoods myself, so
caveat emptor.  There may also be other places.  G'luck!

mingc