Re: daphnia collecting

You can use the fine mesh aquarium nets to collect any
number of moina, daphnia or ceriodaphnia.  The green
ones are probably too coarse, but I have used the ones
with fine white mesh in the ponds around here.  I
drilled a hole in the end of a wooden handle (the same
size as the net handle) cut the loop off the end of
the net and twisted the net into the slot in the
wooden handle....works great.  I have Daphnia magna
and aff. pulex going and soon will have Moina.  My
Ceriodaphnia seems to have crashed in both containers.
 I recommend the magna, they are big enough to see
easily and turn a nice red color.