Snails snacking on hygrophila?

Hey guys,

Its quite good timing to have this talk about snails pop up... just the other day I saw what looked like a very tiny snail with a clear shell - didn't look like it was fully formed yet - crawling about my newly bought hygrophila.

Not so long after, I started seeing leaves (and their stalks, and these are pretty young and green yet, not old leaves) that had fallen off the hygrophila, so I wondered if the snail was involved in some way.

Anyhow, I spied him again yesterday and he was significantly larger and the shell was better formed, but I hauled him out and stuck him in a container with a couple of the victimized leaves to chew on while I tried to figure out what to do with him.

He's mostly still transparent and still pretty tiny....

I'd welcome any comments on whether the tiny snail and the leaves falling off is related ... and what I should do.

Thanks in advance,
C.K.