Trickle Filter & CO2

> SNIP

On an unrelated topic, has anyone got a trickle tower running on their
 planted tank? How does it affect your CO2 levels? I seem to be pumping CO2
 into my 20g at a rate of knots yet I cannnot get the level up past 9 mg/ltr
 (yet. And i have a good reactor - it's all dissolving). If I seal off the top
 of the tower with cling wrap, that'll keep in the CO2, right? But then will
 the bacteria asphixyate? Should I ditch the whole system and just switch to a
 cartridge filter in the tank?

> END SNIP

Yes, I noticed the same thing.  I have an Amiracle wet/dry filter and it seems to really dissipate the CO2 because of the overflow box and water exchange through the bio-balls.  I started with one of those Carbo Plus CO2 unit which worked well but just couldn't produce enough CO2.  So now I switched to an Ultralife CO2 system with a reactor and all ... and I really have to pour on the CO2.

Doug