Re: Filter media question

I have a Aquaclear 300 mechanical filter on the back
of my tank.  This is the only filtration.  There is a
powerhead in the tank, but solely for a little
current.  The intended media for the Aquaclear is a
foam block, a bag of carbon, and a bag of ammonia
remover.  I have elminated the carbon and ammonia
remover and keep two foam blocks instead.  This way I
can clean one at a time to keep the biological
filtration strong.

Anyone see any problems with this?  I was afraid of
what the two media bags would strip out of the water.
Improvements?  Thanks.