Re: new to the group

Melissa Queen wrote:
<<<I am a beginner and I'd just like to know what the
group thinks are the most important things I need to
know first.

Read the FAQ's at http://www.actwin.com/fish/aquariafaq.html
Buy several books on starting a planted aquarium. _Aquarium Plants Manual_
by Ines Scheurmann and _A Fishkeeper's Guide to Aquarium Plants_ by Barry
James are my recommended books. Check out Takashi Amano's Nature Aquarium
World books 1-3 for inspiration. Check out
http://www.geocities.com/bwe407/links.html for websites of people w/ planted
aquariums. See what they have done and what turned out successful for them
and what didn't. Note that some of the links on that page are dead for
several reasons. If you have any questions after doing this then feel free
to ask the group.

Don