[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: regulator-to-needle-valve question

"People on this list have talked about screwing in
their needle valves directly into their regulators.

The regulators I am looking at in the www.4rapid1.com
catalog have hose barbs on the output.  My question
is, does this somehow come off, so that the needle
valve can be screwed in?  Or would I need to use an
in-line needle valve?  I am thinking of using the M3

The hose barb unscrews from the regulator.  The hose
barb on my Tap-rite regulator is a male 1/4 NPT
fitting and the regulator has a female 1/4 NPT
fitting.  In order to connect the M3 needle valve to
the regulator you will need to buy a 1/4 NPT to 1/8
NPT adapter.  The M3 needle valve has a 1/8 NPT
fitting.  The way I set up my needle valves were to
construct a CO2 manifold, so I could supply 2 tanks
with CO2. Using a brass 1/4 NPT 1 inch pipe connected
to the regulator, then I connected to this a 1/4 NPT
brass T.  Then I connected to each of the 2 ports of
the T I put on 1/4 - 1/8 NPT adapters.  Lastly I
attached the 2 needle vavles.

"The regulators are Cornelius, Norgren, Tap-rite, and

Also, do people have opinions on what regulators to
get among those?  Both the Tap-rite and the NADS
regulators are cheaper than the other two brands."

Lazarus - I use the Tap-rite regulator.  I think Dave
Gomberg sells the Cornelius regulators.


Do You Yahoo!?
Get personalized email addresses from Yahoo! Mail - only $35 
a year!  http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/