Re:High Temperature = Dead Shrimp?

    How I wish I had read this yesterday. :( 25 dead japonicas this morning,
I look at the new plants I popped in there yeaterday, sure enough uncoated
lead wieghts. Think thats the culprit? The flag fish were stressing hard this
AM when I woke up, moved them to a quarantine tank, they all seem better now.
The water is as follows:
Ammonia: 0
Nitrite: 0
ph:7.0
GH: 11
KH: 17
Ca2+: 60mg/l
Fe:< 0.1 mg/l
Chelated Fe: 0.50 Mg/l
    Any suggestions? Plants are bubbling like crazy and all seemed well last
night before the lights went out. Thanks in advance for any help.

Jonathan Dooley
Indianapolis, In.
In a message dated 2/18/01 2:55:02 PM Central Standard Time,

<< uncoated lead weights
 perhaps? Especially if Co2 is being utilized. That's the usual source.
 Perhaps the poster can tell us more.