Yeast CO2 discovery

Yeast CO2 seems to work a lot better of you use an unrefined sugar, eg
treacle, malt extract, molasses or brown muscovado. The CO2 production
continues at a slower rate for much much longer - I use a small 1l bottle,
usually lasts 2-3 days, has now run for a week and is still going strong.
Probably the yeast has do do more work on the unrefined sugar before it can
metabolise it, so the process takes a little longer. Also, I can recommend
active dried homebrewing yeast as it starts up very fast.
Regards,
Matt.