regulator-to-needle-valve question

People on this list have talked about screwing in
their needle valves directly into their regulators.

The regulators I am looking at in the www.4rapid1.com
catalog have hose barbs on the output.  My question
is, does this somehow come off, so that the needle
valve can be screwed in?  Or would I need to use an
in-line needle valve?  I am thinking of using the M3
valve.

The regulators are Cornelius, Norgren, Tap-rite, and
NADS.

Also, do people have opinions on what regulators to
get among those?  Both the Tap-rite and the NADS
regulators are cheaper than the other two brands.