Re: TDS vs. KH

Hello Trey,

TDS and KH are completely different measurements that have NOTHING in
common! TDS measures conductivity, KH measures alkalinity.

BUT, since both TDS and KH are linear measurements, IF you calibrate
your TDS measurement vs. alkalinity, the relationship will hold as you
dilute your tap water with RO water, i.e. if your TDS are cut by half,
your alkalinity will be also cut by half.

So, in practical terms, as long as your water company does not change
the water supply, you can use your TDS meter to estimate alkalinity.

Best,

George