Re: ca deficiency in swords

> That might work.  I use 500 mg calcium tablets, cut in half and pushed
> into the substrate near the base of the plant.  The first new leaf the
> plant develops after the treatment is always free of distortions.
> Already deformed leaves won't recover.
>
>Where is your source for these tablets ?

I've got some hygrophila that needs calcium as well, I think, and I'm wondering what sort of calcium tablets you're using (brand, ect). I'm worried if there're other ingredients in the calcium tablet that might not be compatible, but if you've been using it for a while with no effects ...

How often do you plug them into the substrate?

CK