Putting Bleach In The Tank

I'm a bit of a head-case and I had a little idea.

I want to pull all the fish and filter media out of my tank and drop in some
bleach to a concentration of 5 percent. Then siphon all the water out after a
minute or two then change the water 2 or 3 times with plenty of
dechlorination.

It seems like a good way to completely eliminate the staghorn and bba in my
tank. I really can't see anything going wrong if i do enough water changes
and add tons of dechlorinator. The only thing is some algae might survive on
the filter media which I don't want to replace so I don't have to go through
another break in period.

Please let me know if anyone has tried this or if you have any suggestions or
if you think I'm a moron. =)

Dan Park