RE: Aquatic Plants Digest V4 #842

On 2/13/00 Paul Kelly wrote:
If drift wood is too big to boil, can you soak it in bleach-water in, say, a
bathtub?  If so how long? How much bleach? Will my wife kill me quickly or
torture me first?

Paul, I would be very leary of soaking wood in the tub.  The folks at
Aquarium Driftwood told me that one of their customers "stored" some of
their wood in the bathtub because it was received before their tank was
ready.   The wood & their tank developed a terrible fungus - they believe it
came from the bathtub funk:)

Try a new plastic trash can that is large enough for the piece of wood.

Kevin Reavis